Tom Culmo been included in the 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
- Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
Tom Culmo has received the “AV” pre-eminent rating from the Martindale Hubbell peer review directory (www.martindale.com).
- The Martindale Hubbell review ratings are based on objective view of a lawyers high ethical standards and professional ability generated from evaluations of lawyers by other members of the bar as well as judges before whom the lawyer appears.
- The AV pre-eminent is the highest rating and a testament to the fact that the lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
He is board certified as a specialist in civil trial practice by both The Florida Bar (flabar.org/certification) and the National Board of Trial Advocacy (www.nblsc.us).
- The Florida Bar Board certification recognizes attorney’s special knowledge, skills and proficiency in various areas of law and professionalism and ethics practice.
- Certification is The Florida Bar’s highest level of evaluation of the competency and experience in their area of practice.
- The National Board of Trial Advocacy. In order to achieve this certification, a lawyer must demonstrate broad based and comprehensive experience; undergo evaluation by other lawyers and judges familiar with the lawyers work in the area as well as a disciplinary review; and then pass a civil pre trial practice advocacy board certification exam.
He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (www.abota.org).
- The general purposes of this ABOTA shall be to foster improvement in the ethical and technical standards of practice in the field of advocacy to the end that individual litigants may receive more effective representation and the general public be benefited by more efficient administration of justice consistent with time-tested and traditional principles of litigation.
- Membership is by invitation only. Nomination and election are based upon peer determination of high personal characteristics and honorable reputation and members must meet specified experience criteria.
Mr. Culmo has more than 25 years of experience representing clients in catastrophic injury and death cases.
- Lead counsel in over 100 jury trials
- Obtained jury verdicts in 25 different counties in Florida
- Successfully represented clients in claims against a large number of Hospitals and Hospital Corporations including:
- Baptist Hospital -Miami
- South Miami Hospital
- Miami Children’s Hospital
- Doctors Hospital- Coral Gables
- Mount Sinai Hospital- Miami Beach
- Kendall Regional Medical Center- Miami
- Mercy Hospital- Miami
- Westchester Hospital- Miami
- Pan American Hospital- Miami
- Hialeah Hospital
- Palmetto General Hospital-Hialeah
- Palm Springs General Hospital, Hialeah
- Aventura Medical Center
- University of Miami Hospital
- VA Hospitals
- Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kindred Hospital- Miami
- Mariners Hospital, Tavernier, FL
- Lower Keys Medical Center, Key West, FL
- Fishermen’s Community Hospital, Marathon, FL
- Memorial Hospital, Hollywood, FL
- Florida Medical Center, Ft. Lauderdale
- Naples Community Hospital
- Lee Memorial Hospital, Ft. Myers
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- St. Mary’s Medical Center, West Palm Beach
- Orlando Regional Medical Center
- Florida Hospital, Orlando
- Osceola Regional Medical Center, Kissimmee
- Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville
- Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
- Peace River Regional Medical Center, Port Charlotte
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port Charlotte
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- HCA Healthcare Corporation
- Cleveland Clinic
- Lenox Hill Hospital, NYC
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center
- Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
Admissions & Certifications:
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. Federal Court, Southern District, Middle District
Board Certified (civil trial practice):
- The Florida Bar
- National Board of Bar Examiners
Professional & Community Associations and Honors:
- Miami-Dade Justice Association, Past President
- Florida Justice Association
- Former Board of Director
- Legislative Task Force
- Mercer University College of Law Alumni Association, Board Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Bar Association
- American Justice Association
- Product Liability Section
- Business Tort Section
- Leadership Forum
- Dade County Bar Association
- Coral Gables Bar Association
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Florida Bar Advanced Trial Advocacy Program, Faculty Member
- South Florida Legal Guide, selected as a Top Lawyer in Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers Magazine, selected as a Top Lawyer in Florida
- 2006, 2008-2014
- South Florida’s Best Lawyers Guide, selected as one of South Florida’s Best Lawyers
- Lectured extensively for various Trial Practice CLE programs throughout the State of Florida
- Best Buddies
- Christopher Columbus High School
- Board of Directors
- Alumni Association Board Member
- Habitat for Humanity
- Community Partnerships and Feed the Homeless
- Mercer Law School Alumni Board
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Complete the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.