This case resulted in a jury verdict against a Port Charlotte, Florida hospital and several of its doctors. The claim was based on the failure to diagnose a spinal abscess, despite the patient having severe back pain, fever and confirmed bacteria in his blood. Unfortunately, our client was rendered permanently paralyzed from the waist down. After spending 1 year in a rehabilitation hospital he died of complications of his paralysis. The verdict was awarded to his wife and adult son for his wrongful death.